POSITION PURPOSE: Install fiber service to residential and business locations. Respond to trouble tickets, perform routine maintenance, and represent Douglas Fast Net through customer service.
- Conduct on-site installations of fiber and wireless services.
- Correct and repair DFN provided services and equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Provide customer service and education. Clearly explain all services and equipment operations
- Maintain customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and questions.
- Promote additional services available to our customers and potential customers.
- Keep detailed records. Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Operate hand tools and power tools to complete installs in a safe manner.
- Maintain knowledge of various cables and supplies. Possess the ability to route cables from exterior to interior keeping in mind the ascetics of the building.
- Connect customer’s PC to router, modem, or other DFN equipment.
- Verify service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Maintain safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Safely operate and maintain company vehicle.
- Perform maintenance work on cabinets, DSLAMS, etc.
- With training, operate a bucket truck.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Computer skills: use of PC with industry specific software applications.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic as this is a high productivity position with a large degree of autonomy.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently or in a team.
- Professional appearance, customer service oriented.
- Willing to work after business hours on-call as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to meet physical demands with reasonable accommodations if necessary.
- DFN is a drug free workplace, all employees are required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
To apply for this job please visit dfn.bamboohr.com.