Website Douglas Fast Net
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide excellent service of fiber optic installs to residential and business locations. Respond to trouble tickets and perform routine maintenance.
- On-site installations of fiber optic and wireless services
- Correction and repair of a clients’ services or other trouble tickets
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Customer service and education, clearly explain all services and equipment operations
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions
- Promote additional services available to our customers and potential customers
- Detailed record keeping, complete all required documentation in timely manner
- Operate hand tools and power tools in a safe manner
- Knowledge of various cables and supplies, ability to route cables from exterior to interior keeping in mind the ascetics of the building.
- Connection of customer’s PC to router, modem, or other DFN equipment
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Ability to climb poles to hang lines and splice cases.
- Ability to connectorize fiber optic cables.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations
- Safely operate and maintain company vehicle
- Maintenance work on cabinets, DSLAMS, etc
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
- Bucket truck operation
- Computer skills: use of PC and learn applications
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Self motivated, ability to work independently or in a team
- Professional appearance, customer service oriented
- Willing to work after business hours on-call
- DFN is a drug free workplace, all employees are required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to meet physical demands with reasonable accommodations if necessary
To apply for this job email your details to HR@dfn.net