Website Douglas Fast Net
POSITION PURPOSE: The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization under the direction of the CFO. This includes supervising and mentoring the accounting department staff, maintaining adequate records, preparing annual budgets, generating monthly financial statements; and the development of best practices/procedures consistent with the organizations policies and GAAP. Furthermore, the Controller will be responsible for the preparation of audit documentation, tax documentation and the oversight of regulatory filings.
- Asset management.
- Assist management with important financial decisions based on organizational specific data.
- Carryout month-end and fiscal year-end procedures and reporting.
- Daily management and forecasting of cash flow needs.
- Develop annual fiscal budget from both an organizational and department standpoint.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial statements.
- Preparation of documentation for Audit and Tax Return purposes.
- Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts and statements to understand the financial state of the organization.
- Mentoring and supervising accounting staff.
- Monitor DFN’s financial health, identifying trends that may be impacting overall financial performance.
- Oversee internal controls and develop best practices as needed to ensure financial compliance.
- Supervise accounting staff in preparing financial reports and budgets.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining financial policies and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills: use of PC and other applications necessary to complete job functions.
- Thorough understanding of telecom industry and operations practices, processes, financial acumen and standards.
- Ability to make strong relationships with key members of a business, a community, and within the telecommunications industry.
- DFN is a drug free workplace, all employees are required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@dfn.net